Editorial Boards across New York agree, Governor Cuomo’s proposed legislation to create a new Justice Center is the right way to protect over 1 million New Yorkers with disabilities and special needs.
See what Editorial Boards across the State are saying about Governor’s proposed Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs:
- The New York Times calls the Governor’s legislative package “a sensible, straightforward proposal that legislators and unions should support.” Click here to read the full editorial.
- The Syracuse Post-Standard says, “Our most vulnerable citizens deserve no less.” Click here to read the full editorial.
- Newsday calls the Governor’s plan, “a sweeping and smart new way to get this vital job done.” Click here to read the full editorial.
- The New York Daily News calls it a “critically necessary reform effort.” Click here to read the full editorial.
- The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle writes: “The state Legislature should get behind Cuomo and adopt his proposals before adjourning next month.” Click here to read the full editorial.
- The Journal News writes: “Gov. Cuomo’s proposed Protection of People with Special Needs Act takes a giant leap toward providing such protection.” Click here to read the full editorial
Now we need your help to make the Governor’s proposal a reality this legislative session.
Please go to www.Justice4SpecialNeeds.com where you can
· Submit a video testimonial
· Support the Governor’s proposal online through Twitter and Facebook
· Send emails to family and friends encouraging them to take action
· Stay in touch with the Governor’s Office on the issue